Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Third Day

Today, I got to the office and Peggy had a dentist's appointment so I sat with Linda for a bit. I learned about lung nodules and lung cancer. Linda was having trouble because there was no real referral for the patient and the labs were from a different hospital. So, it was confusing but in the end, the patient was scheduled. Then, I walked around with Dyna, the nurse. She showed me all of the exam rooms and the procedure rooms. She showed me how it is all organized and the medical closet and the lab area. She was already doing labs on something by putting them in the machine that separates chemicals. She told me that usually the chemicals are blood and urine (gross!). Tomorrow is my day off so I am excited to sleep in!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you're having some very interesting experiences.

    ReplyDelete